THE REWARD OF THE TEACHER IS NO MORE IN HEAVEN
The table above shows 10 worst paid countries and 10 best paid countries for teachers salaries worldwide
“ It takes a big heart to shape little minds”-Unknown
When I was in high school some two decades ago, our English teacher asked the class a question that took more than 5 minutes for an answer to be given. The question goes like this: Which of you would like to become a teacher after his or her university education? Two students, a boy and a girl broke the silence by raising their hands. When he called the first one to tell the class why he wants to become a teacher, he said “I want to become a teacher so that when I get a good job, I can easily quit.
The second person, a lady, said I want to become a teacher so that I can get a good husband and quit teaching. The teacher asked the second question: why do you want to quit teaching and switch to something else as soon as another opportunity come your way? The answer they two gave was obvious amidst laughter from the class “teachers are poorly paid and they don’t want to become poor.
The teacher trains so many professionals and the society must appreciate the contributions of teachers to encourage them to do what is best for our society. “IF YOU CAN READ THIS POST THANK THE TEACHER”
There’s this ancient saying we all have heard about “the reward of the teacher is in heaven” Gone were the days when the teacher serves as the pivot that rallies the society behind for the good of the society. But, you don’t need a soothsayer to tell you that teachers are poorly remunerated worldwide apart from a few countries that are doing well by paying attention to their teachers through the pay the teachers receive in terms of salary paid to their elementary school teachers. The reward of the teacher is no more in heaven but here on earth
As society “develops” things have changed and the very society whose children the teacher trains, mold and nurture for prosperous future must reciprocate in similar manner by showing appreciation to all hardworking teachers worldwide. Even though society can’t compensate teachers enough for what they are doing and continue to do, it’s lovely to show appreciation for your children’s teachers to serve as motivation for them to do more.
8 APPRECIATION GIFTS TO CONSIDER FOR YOUR KIDS TEACHER
1. BUY MOTIVATION BOOKS OR AUDIO CD TO APPRECIATE YOUR KIDS TEACHER
As a professional teacher for several years with two awards to my credit, I can say authoritatively that the classroom teacher can be demotivated sometimes especially when the working environment and condition of service for the teacher serves as disincentive for him or her.
In the light of this it will be a wise decision to present a motivational book or CD to your kid’s teacher to motivate him or her to continue to do the best for the kids placed under their care. The demand placed on teachers made most of them not been able to read any other books apart from their areas they are trained for. It takes teachers with guts to go the extra mile.
Popular and inspirational motivational books include:
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effectively People by John C. Maxwell
- The Power of Positive Thinking by Normal Vincent Peale
- Awaken the Giant Within
- The Magic Power of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz
- The Power of Now in Hindi by Echhart Tolle
- The One Thing by Gary W. Keller and Jay Papagan
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
2. BUY CELL PHONE FOR KIDS TEACHER AS APPRECIATION GIFT
Presenting a cell phone to your wards teacher is a sexy thing to do especially at the time that the cell or mobile phone occupies the greater part of our lives. The presentation of a phone will be welcoming and charming.
If you know that your child teacher deserves the best as your child, then it will not be out of place to hand him or her a good smart phone. He or she would be more than happy to receive a smart phone from you.
3. BUY QUALITY SHIRT FOR MALE TEACHERS AS APPRECIATION GIFT
Men value quality designer shirt or polo shirt especially office workers as well as teachers. Since society expects our teachers to be role model, they are obliged to dress neatly at all times before their students. Your presentation of a shirt to him will urge him to continue to dress neatly.
Let your kid tell you the type of shirt he likes wearing to school and the color of shirt he usually wear. This will give you an idea of his favorite colors.
4. BUY ANY HOME ACCESSORIES FOR THE TEACHER AS HIS OR HER APPRECIATION GIFT
You can buy stuff for his or her home décor. Table lamps, floor lamps, chandeliers and more may be ideal for his or her home decor. Home decorating does not just include the interior of the home. It should also extend outdoors as this is the part of your property seen first by your guests. A smartly decorated outdoor space will give the right impression to your guests.
You can also consider the following home accessories for him or her
- A tray. A tray is such a useful accessory and can look great in many places
- Sculpture. Sculpture offers an opportunity to really personalize his or her room
- Candlesticks- Do you have a collection of candlesticks shoved in a cabinet somewhere?
- A decorative box. Who can resist a small box for stashing jewelry, eyeglasses or the remote control
- Glazed pottery. Balance a collection of like-colored pottery pieces on a mantel or a shelf.
- An art grouping. If you have one great print, think of how great it could look if there were six. Branches offer a touch of nature on the inside of a home.
- Faux antlers. A classic accessory for walls. Available in a multitude of materials, from iron to felt, faux antlers add a touch of whimsy to a room.
- A bar cart. Great looking and practical. This versatile piece does double duty as furniture and bar annex in a living room, a den, a dining room … really anywhere you would like to serve a drink
- A starburst mirror. Over a large-scale piece like a bed, a sofa or a fireplace, a starburst mirror creates a great focal point
- A splash of zebra. Whether on a footstool or a pillow, a zebra pattern looks great everywhere.
- Flower power. Let’s start with the most basic accessorizing item: fresh flower
When a parent recognizes the contribution of the teacher through teacher appreciation, it will not only motivate the teacher but it would form lasting impression in the minds of the teacher. The quality of item presented is necessary but not as important as the rationale behind it.
Your demonstration of your gift will show that you care and value their contributions toward the training of your child. Make teacher appreciation truly special for your child’s teacher
5. BUY QUALITY LADIES HAND BAG AS TEACHER APPRECIATION GIFT FOR YOUR KIDS TEACHER
There’s something amazing about our hardworking ladies that you can’t just explain. They are never satisfied with buying any cool stuff they consider worth possessing. If only they set their eyes on it, it’s worth having. Ladies bag is not an exception.
Enter a ladies room and the number of bags in the room is more than the number of shoes. My wife, despite the number of bags she has, can’t set her eyes off from buying new bags
Buying a beautiful ladies bag for your ward teacher will be a nice thing to do. You will never know how long she has been praying for a new bag.
Buy a bag that you will be proud of if you should be the recipient of the gift.
6. BUY LADIES SHOE FOR KID’S TEACHER AS TEACHER APPRECIATION GIFT
I asked a lady friend why ladies change their shoes as often as they change their dress. She tells me when it comes to shoes and clothing, its women’s world and added that without women the shoe industry would collapse.
Just like bags, shoes are also another important gift to present as a gift for her appreciation.
When I was in high school, we’ve a lady teacher we affectionately called Lady T because of the way she changes her shoes. Interestingly most of her shoes are color yellow, red and pick. This character of her, makes her unique among the lady teachers.
So, if you are considering a gift for your kid’s teacher, think of a nice color that can comfortably match most her dresses.
7. PRESENT A VACATION COUPLE TO YOUR KID’S TEACHER AS APPRECIATION GIFT
All work and no play makes jack a dull boy indeed. As a matter of fact most teachers don’t go on vacation or holiday for one reason or the other.
It’s public knowledge that the salary of majority of teachers will not be enough to take good care of them and their families. So getting a coupon for him or her to go on summer vacation would serve as a dream come true. If you plan for it, it can be possible to give that surprise to him or her.
Make the world a beautiful place by creating a fondling memory in the minds of your son or daughter’s teacher.
8. PRESENT A CHOCOLATE BOX TO YOUR KIDS TEACHER AS APPRECIATION GIFT
My daughter Chisty never stops from eating any sweet after meal. In the light of this, I have decided to replace the sweet with chocolate because of the health benefit of the product. Chocolate box is a good gift to present to your ward teacher especially the lady teachers this season.
We have been able to look at various teacher appreciation gifts to consider. Take a look at them and make teacher appreciation truly memorable for your kid’s teacher.
God bless you!